CVA-Cerebro vascular Accident
“Cerebrovascular Disorders” is an umbrella term that refers to a functional abnormality of the central nervous system (CNS) that occurs when the normal blood supply to the brain is disrupted.
Strokes can be divided into major categories:
- Ischemic Stroke
- Hemorrhagic Stroke
Hemorrhagic Strokes are caused by bleeding into the brain tissue.
The patient with a hemorrhagic stroke can present with a wide variety of neurologic deficits, similar to the patient with ischemic stroke. The conscious patient most commonly reports a severe headache.
An ischemic stroke cerebrovascular accident(CVA) or “Brain Attack” is a sudden loss of function resulting from disruption of the blood supply to a part of the brain.
- Numbness or weakness of the face, arm or leg especially on one side of the body.
- Confusion or change in mental status.
- Trouble speaking or understanding speech
- Visual Disturbances
- Difficulty walking, dizziness or loss of balance or coordination.
- Sudden severe headache.
TEACHING PATIENTS SELF-CARE
Patient and family education is a fundamental component of rehabilitation. The nurse provides teaching about stroke, its causes and prevention, and the rehabilitation process. In both acute care and rehabilitation facilities, the focus is on teaching the patient to resume as much self-care as possible. This may entail using assistive devices or modifying the home environment to help the patient live with a disability.
- Raised toilet seat
- Grab bars next to toilet
- Velcro Closures
- Elastic Shoelaces
- Long-handled shoe horn
- Canes, walkers, wheelchairs
- Transfer devices such as transfer board and belts
- Nonskid mats to stabilize plates
- Plate guards to prevent food from being pushed off plate
- Wide-grip utensils to accommodate a weak grasp
BATHING AND GROOMING DEVICES
- Long-handled bath sponge
- Grab bars, nonskid mats, hand-held shower heads
- Electric razors with head t 90 degrees to handle
- Shower and tub seats, stationary or on wheels
Why Nursing Station Home Nursing Care?
- We at nursing station health care private limited bring in medical & nursing expertise supported by international guidelines, Well qualified, Well experienced, Well-Trained medical & nursing professionals at all levels including Doctors, nurses and paramedics.
- We at Nursing station is India’s first Home Nursing service provider to give professional and premium Home nursing services at Tier I Tier, 2 Tier, 3 Tier with international standards
- 1,00,000 + Happy customers in 10 years
- 400 + qualified & Experience Nursing professionals